Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Emma's Room - Project 2 - Bow Holder

Total Spent: $3
Total Time: 2 hours (not including time for paint to dry)


So again with a pinterest photo, I decided to create a picture frame bow holder for Emma's nursery.  This past Saturday I came across a picture frame at a garage sale for a whopping $0.75, measuring about 11"x 16". PERFECT!!



After several coats of gray acrylic paint, I created a "damask-ish" stencil and sponged black acrylic paint on top of it.  Then I lined the inside of the frame with purple acrylic paint, and added some purple dots for added detail.  For the initial in the picture frame, I cut out a stencil I made from the computer...using word and lucinda handwriting font.  I then traced the stencil with magic marker to create the outline.  I then used black acrylic paint to fill in the "E" (probably should have gone with a glass paint...but I used what I had).

I then went to Hobby Lobby and found some purple ribbon with black damask accent, and finished off the frame.  Now all I need to do is make some bows!!


No comments:

Post a Comment